The information we collect
By the use of “cookies” on our website – cookies are small text files or variables which enable a website to “remember” who you are. Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. This will however, affect your ability to log into certain areas of the website, including My Account. Browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the IAB’s website.
We use session cookies (which are temporary cookies) to maintain your session with the server in the areas of our site that are available to registered users. Our session cookies store a unique identifier to allow the server to distinguish between individual users’ sessions. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. We sometimes use persistent cookies to enable pop-up advertisements and to prevent the server from displaying the pop-up advertisement more than once. Persistent cookies remain on your hard disk until you delete them.
We collect information only when you supply it to us by entering your details via an online form.
When we collect information from you, we will provide an option for you to join our mailing list.
If you opt to join our mailing list we will send you regular communications about topics you have expressed an interest in. Every email you receive will carry an unsubscribe link, allowing you to opt out of any future communications.
If you have any issues when trying to unsubscribe or wish to discuss data protection matters further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the information you provide on registration, we will collect:-
- details about which of our services you utilise;
- information each time you visit our Website and which pages you visit
- information from the documents you complete.
- information from content you download.
Keeping your data secure
We recognise that you retain rights in the personal information we hold about you. We will keep that information secure, and use it only for specific legitimate purposes e.g. e-mail marketing.
We will keep your personal information confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction.
We adhere to strict security procedures and have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that no unauthorised disclosures of your details are made to a third party without your permission, unauthorised access to it is prevented, and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Information, where consent has been given, will be retained while the data remains relevant and will be reviewed annually. If the information is no longer required it will be deleted and no longer used for marketing, historical, statistical or research purposes.
Use of an ISP
We reserve the right to appoint an Internet service provider (“ISP”) to host this Website on our behalf which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). In order to deliver the service to you, it may be necessary to transfer your information outside the EEA and by agreeing to our terms and conditions, you consent to any such transfer.
Your rights under data protection
You have various rights. You are most likely to want to exercise the following ones.
- Your right to see a copy of the information we hold about you, we will supply this information to you free of charge, however, if we feel the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it repetitive we will charge a reasonable fee which is currently £10. You may also be charged for further copies of the same information.
- Before we agree to access, you must provide with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it. If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com.
- Your right to be removed from our mailing lists. Instructions on how to stop further mailings will usually be contained in any direct marketing material we send you. Otherwise please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your right to correct any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date – email@example.com
- Your right to data portability – allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services – firstname.lastname@example.org
Any complaints about our handling of personal information can be sent to our marketing communications team in the first instance email@example.com
If your complaint relates to the handling of your personal information by an organisation with which we share information, then please let us know that. We aim to respond to your complaint within 20 days of receiving it. You have a right of appeal in relation to any decision we make, which we will tell you about when we respond to your complaint. We will always review our policy and procedure in line with any justified complaints.