Sports Science Event
Have You ever wondered how fit you are?
Saturday 17 August 2019, 10:00 – 16:00
Boiler House & Union Lawn, Newcastle University Campus
People of all ages are invited to take part in (or just watch!) a huge range of different activities, designed to test and measure your body’s strength and fitness!
Meet experts in Sports and Exercise Science from Newcastle University and learn about how fitness is measured and optimised. Help us celebrate the impact that organ donation has on the life of transplant recipients and see how exercise can assist their recovery after surgery.
- What happens to your heart during different types of exercise.
- How we can measure lung function.
- Different ways to assess body composition.
- Your reaction times under pressure situations.
- How forces are generated during different types of exercise.
- How flexible and powerful you are.
FREE ADMISSION – NO NEED TO BOOK