World Transplant Games 2019 – road closures
14th August 2019
SATURDAY 17 AUGUST
The following roads will be closed for the Athlete’s Parade on Saturday 17 August between approximately 4pm and 5pm.
- Blackett Street, for its entire length.
- Northumberland Street, between Blackett Street and Northumberland Road.
- Northumberland Road, for its entire length.
- John Dobson Street, at its junction with Northumberland Road.
- College Street, at its junction with Northumberland Road.
For the duration of the parade the existing bus only restriction on John Dobson Street (north bound), between Ridley Place and St Marys Place will be suspended.
The restrictions are necessary in order to safely facilitate the World Transplant Games Parade.
The roads will be subject to short term closures while the parade takes place. Roads will be re-opened as soon as it is safe to do so after the parade has passed.
MONDAY 19 AUGUST
The following roads will be closed in Monday 19 August for the World Transplant Games Cycling Time Trial between 6am and 6pm.
- Quayside Walkway (Quaylink Busway) – between Wranghams Entry and Quayside
- Quayside – between Broad Chare and Sandhill
- Sandhill – between Quayside and Swing Bridge
- Swing Bridge – for its entire length within Newcastle city boundary
The restrictions are necessary in order to facilitate the safe running of the World Transplant Games 2019 and diversion routes will be signed.