The World Transplant Games is coming to Perth in 2023 and we need your help to spread the word about this exciting event and the underlying message of the importance of registering as an organ and tissue donor. The Games are a celebration of the greatest gift of all – the gift of life where transplant recipients, donors and donor families from around the world will come together in Perth to celebrate life through sport. Every athlete involved has an amazing story to share and has overcome incredible hurdles to be at the Games. Let’s get behind these athletes, show them what a wonderful city we have and help us put on the best games EVER!
You can help raise awareness about this event by sharing our story on your social media, newsletters, websites or even putting up posters in your staffroom or clubrooms. On this page you will find:
- Newsletter articles & images
- Social media posts & tiles
- Links for videos
- Athlete profiles
- Volunteer profiles
- General information about the World Transplant Games, organ donation in Australia, and Transplant Australia.
If you would like Games representative or transplant athlete to come and talk to your staff or organisation about the Games, and the gift that organ donation is, please contact Julie Scudds, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like other marketing material or to discuss other marketing opportunities, please contact Jenni Vilé at email@example.com.
- Newsletter article – The World Transplant Games are coming to Perth! (308 words)
- Newsletter Article – The World Transplant Games are coming to Perth! (158 words)
- Newsletter article – Volunteer at the 2023 World Transplant Games (195 words)
Social Media Posts
- The world’s largest awareness-raising event for organ and tissue donation, the World Transplant Games, is coming to Perth from 15-21 April 2023. The Games will see 1,500 participants from more than 50 countries around the world, come together to compete in 17 different sports over 7 days, in a celebration of life, through sport.
The World Transplant Games promises to be a unique opportunity for Perth to shine as we host this inspirational global event. To find out how you can be involved go to worldtransplantgames.org #WTG2023 #worldtransplantgames2023 #poweredbythegiftoflife #donatelife #transplantustralia
- The World Transplant Games, the largest sporting event for transplant recipients in the world, are coming to Perth in April 2023. The Games will see the city painted orange as people from over 50 countries around the world, come together to compete in 17 different sports over 7 days. 1500 athletes and their supporters are expected to come to Perth to celebrate life, through sport, providing living proof that organ and tissue donation gives people a second chance at life. This promises to be a unique opportunity for Perth to shine as we host this inspirational global event. To find out how you can be involved go to www.worldtransplantgames.org.au.
#WTG2023 #worldtransplantgames2023 #poweredbythegiftoflife #donatelife #transplantustralia
- Help make dreams a reality and sign up to be a volunteer at the 2023 World Transplant Games.
1500 athletes from over 50 countries around the world will come together in Perth from 15-21 April 2023, to celebrate life through sport. With 17 different sports over 7 days, the Games are the world’s largest celebration of organ donation, and we need your help to bring these Games to life.
We are looking for volunteers with a wide variety of skills and experience. From administration to sport, health services to media, there is a role for everyone. To find out more go to https://worldtransplantgames.org/get-involved/volunteers/
#WTG2023 #worldtransplantgames2023 #poweredbythegiftoflife #donatelife #transplantustralia #volunteering #volunteeringwa #lotterywest
Images – 1920×1080
Images – 1080×1080
See you at the World Transplant Games in Perth – Join us as transplant athletes from around the world come together in the spirit of competition and friendship to celebrate the gift of life at the World Transplant Games in Perth 2023.
World Transplant Games – 6 months to go – Meet some transplant recipients from Perth and find out what it means to them to be hosting the 2023 World Transplant Games in their hometown.
Organ donation – The legacy we can all share in – Organ donation a legacy we can all share in. Register to be an organ donor and you will be giving the greatest gift of all – the gift of life.
Introducing the Gift of Life Baton – The Gift of Life Baton is a gift from Transplant Australia and the Australian Government to the world transplant community to act as a universal beacon between each World Transplant Games.
Josh Yates, 33, Busselton
Josh Yates is one of the most positive people you ever meet. He is always wanting to help others and spread happiness. A bone marrow recipient at the age of 15, Josh has made the most of his second chance at life.
Elmar Sprink, 50, Germany
From triathlete to heart recipient to competing in the IRONMAN World Championships, Elmar Sprinks is an inspiring example of what can be achieved with a heart transplant.
Sam Low, 16, Rockingham
Sam had a liver transplant as a one year old. Whilst there were many challenges, he has gone forward in leaps and bounds. He has competed in two Australian Games and this will be his first World Games.
Colleen Ashby, 56, Lesmurdie
Colleen is so grateful for her second chance at life, even if it meant losing her vision. Complications from her heart transplant left her blind but Colleen has gone on to win three gold medals at the 2018 Australian Games and is looking forward to her first World Games. Click here for the full story.
For Sarah Parkin, volunteering at the 2019 World Transplant Games in the UK brought home just how lucky she really is. It was an experience “beyond awesome!” Click here to read her full story.